17 Jan 15 – iPhone Users More Stupid When Separated From Their Phones

Home Forums The Poll Discussion 17 Jan 15 – iPhone Users More Stupid When Separated From Their Phones

This topic contains 4 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Ray 2 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Nick Francesco
    Nick Francesco
    Keymaster

Seriously – you’ll want to listen to the news story before you start the flame wars.

Racerbob
    Participant

No flaming from me. I just am not voting anymore in any more Apple or iPhone polls. I don’t have one,(well I lied…I inherited a Mac Mini that is running Windows 7 Pro on it), don’t desire one and have no ill feelings toward anyone who does.

ScreenScream
    Participant

Well, to keep it i/android-neutral, I’ve avoided a smart phone in general just because of the massive degradation in attention spans and intelligence I’ve witnessed over the past 10 years. Look at our kids and how stupid/ADHD they all are.

I will likely finally break down and get one this year…I have a LOT of use for them…but I’ve always kept phones away from my head, away from me in general, OFF in general. I really don’t want to be glued to these things for the rest of my life.

If you look around in public, it’s reminiscent of something out of 1984; everyone’s heads are down and they’re oblivious to life/surroundings. Compare concert footage from 20 years ago to today; audiences clapping/cheering/dancing and engaged in the show, as compared to now; a huge arena-filled swarm of these skinny lit rectangles being held above them as still as possible to video the concert (which is supposed to be very illegal btw???) while they experience the concert vicariously at best through their matrix device.

How much of the EM pollution-soup do we need to be swimming in before it is taken more seriously as a potential health hazard on at least SOME level?

Never even mind wifi…

Ugh.

(Slight digression on subject matter, but it was fun to write regardless) ;p

Christian
    Participant

I don’t see why recording at concert would be illegal. It might be against the T&C but the most they could do is kick you out.

Ray
    Participant

I will have to listen to the story, have not yet. But for me I guess I am ambidexterous. We have Iphones, and I-pad, a non-mac computer and a tablet with windows.

I am used to the Apple devices and used more so to the non-apple computer devices.

Personally I think regardless of the type of device, some people are just stupid regardless in how they use the devices.

I use them to supplement my time, not control or run my time

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.