16 May 15 – Verizon and Sprint Pay for Unauthorized Charges

Home Forums The Poll Discussion 16 May 15 – Verizon and Sprint Pay for Unauthorized Charges

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  ScreenScream 1 year, 11 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Nick Francesco
    Nick Francesco
    Keymaster

Caught with their hands in the cookie jar!

And, for the Google impaired:

http://goo.gl/xzEbJX

HotDawg
    Participant

Why only Verizon and Sprint? How about the more traditional wire-line phone companies and some of the excess charges they have been heaping on the customers in recent years?

RChandra
    Participant

Why only Verizon and Sprint? How about the more traditional wire-line phone companies

…because a lot of the scams involve SMS. Wireline carriers very typically (but not always) do not have SMS services in a subscriber’s profile.

RChandra
    Participant

I have Boost, which is an MVNO with Sprint as its underlying network. I don’t think I have been subject to any scams, although there were a couple of SMS messages which I didn’t want, but that’s about it.

ScreenScream
    Participant

“The remainder goes to state governments that participated in the settlement negotiations and to the US Treasury.”

A needed result for consumers getting money back, but how much then goes to the govt and US Treasury, and what the hell FOR?

I get that some govt expenses need to be paid for the litigation, administration, etc. Expenses that are surely plenty “crammed,” like military toilet seat expenses.

But beyond that, I’m just dying to know how the states and Treasury made sure they profited off this, and to the tune of how much money, and where it REALLY goes. Any chance the govt gets to benefit, they sure as heck do; seems like a biased conflict of interest in too many instances.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.