1210 Registered Users

Home Forums The Show Discussion 1210 Registered Users

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Steve Rea Steve Rea 2 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Racerbob
    Participant

Just wondering…. Weeks and months between posts here. Who are these 1210 registered users here ?

dbriggs
    Participant

ppl who were on the old site; registered when it changed, but don’t care for the new one

Racerbob
    Participant

No…the registration was very low until Nick changed the captcha that was being used when people register here. I think that a very small fraction of these new members…if any…belonged to the old forum and not to beat a dead horse, we lost many good people when the switch to this Word Press format was made. So much history was lost when the server crashed and it still is for me, a very sad thing that no effort was made to recover the old board.

Christian
    Christian
    Participant

Racerbob
    Participant

True Christian. A response from Nick and the guys is what I have been seeking. Sadly, that has not happened. I will stop beating that horse now.

HotDawg
    Participant

Correct me if I am wrong — but with the old system anyone could leave a comment about the poll question. Now, you have to be logged in — which means you are one of the 1210 members.

I’m not saying all 1210 members have left comments, but who knows what lurked in someone’s mind when they set up an account?

I, too, think the old system was probably more user-friendly than the new system, so I assume the present system has more advantages than the old.

But, maybe the old system just got too big to fit on the 5 1/4″ floppies it was being backed up to. Sometimes a new start is a good way to go. Would have been interesting if the old system could have been run in parallel with a new system so the good points of both could be merged at some point.

Racerbob
    Participant

I am sure that less than 5% of those now 1292 registered users have bothered to make a post here. When you look down through the different sections of this forum you see weeks and months in between posts. Here, look down through the list of recent posts on the right hand side at the regulars who are no longer here…

http://web.archive.org/web/20110621171621/http://soundbytes.org/phpBB2/

Steve Rea
    Steve Rea
    Keymaster

Dave also cleans out a lot of spam registrations. They put their spam message in the registration fields, and then never post a message.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.