10 Oct 15 – Microsoft Edge browser use is minimal

Home Forums The Poll Discussion 10 Oct 15 – Microsoft Edge browser use is minimal

This topic contains 4 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  ScreenScream 1 year, 6 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Nick Francesco
    Nick Francesco
    Keymaster

Is anybody actually using Edge?

Racerbob
    Participant

Cannot break the Firefox habit here Nick.

HotDawg
    Participant

Well, AFAIK, Edge is only available for Win 10. That sort of leaves me out, since I discontinued any real use of 10 here.

From what I read, Edge is still a work-in-process, with a whole bunch of things that need to be added to make it a reasonable browser. I like Firefox, and also use Chrome a lot.

Is Edge going to available for Linux?

Christian
    Participant

I polled my family and found only my dad still uses a desktop. The rest have switched to tablets and phones exclusively. This is shocking because I can’t imagine not using a real computer 🙂 If personal desktop usage is way down, and businesses haven’t upgraded to Edge yet, could that explain the low numbers?

Edit: Guess that’s not the reason since Edge only represents 12% of browser usage on Windows 10. Looks like they released Edge before adding many of its planned features, so Chrome and Firefox are more attractive for now.

ScreenScream
    Participant

Firefox has been my default for years. The main thing Explorer will not do with consistency, is “resume previous session” when the puter shuts down or has to reboot for any reason. This alone is a huge drawback. Even tho the option EXISTS under its tools to “reopen last session” it is rarely highlighted so that it’s a clickable option. This is actually a feature I have to count on, on a regular basis; since it doesn’t work, I use the browser minimally.

I DO use it…but I keep it to only one to two open tabs max. I use it to access things that won’t be so cookie-related in other browsers like Firefox, such as an alternate email account in yahoo, so that I don’t have to sign out to access the other account.

Explorer also has a couple other disadvantages, and heck…it’s Billy-boy’s browser. That alone is also motivation enough for me not to use it. Bad enough I’m forced to use Windows due to lower cost.

Haven’t used Chrome simply because the Goober is everywhere, another monopoly I’d prefer to use minimally. My search engine is Yahoo, and although youtoob is great, Goober is just far too pervasive and intrusive for my tastes. I want to be able to navigate without being monitored by just one company on a constant never-ending basis. Although I am VERY glad they are apparently separating Goober Plus from YT channels, which is long overdue.

Still using Opera to an extent but very minimally.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.