Reply To: 4 Feb 17 – Time Warner Cable deceived the FCC in speed tests

Home Forums The Poll Discussion 4 Feb 17 – Time Warner Cable deceived the FCC in speed tests Reply To: 4 Feb 17 – Time Warner Cable deceived the FCC in speed tests

HotDawg
Participant

Thanks for that link, RacerBob. A lot of interesting reading there! I’ve been receiving (as many have) the sales pitches for Spectrum. I finally got hold of one of their agents yesterday, and she spent a lot of time with me. I switched from being a TWC customer over to being a Spectrum customer.

All along, they considered me as being an existing customer, and as such did not qualify for the teaser rates being pushed for new customers. And, with those, you really need to read the fine print and follow the asterisks! However, actually what they did in my case, since I was just into my final year of promotional pricing with TWC, they gave me service at a promotional rate for the next year.

Basically I downgraded my TV package from the 200+ channels I had to their 125+ channel package, which is fine with me. I still get far more channels than I can watch, and honestly, with my outdoor antenna I could survive without any from them! On the other side of the coin, my internet speeds have gone up considerably. I am seeing now about a 72 Mb download speed. And, with these changes, my monthly bill will be less than I was paying.

The only hitch I ran into was when they reinitialized my modem for the higher speeds, they killed both it, and the phone modem, and without anything with a cell phone I was sort of out of business until I could have my daughter get to them and have that straightened out.