Reply To: Does anyone know how to make Thunderbird send emails via Time Warner?

Home Forums Windows Does anyone know how to make Thunderbird send emails via Time Warner? Reply To: Does anyone know how to make Thunderbird send emails via Time Warner?

HotDawg
Participant

I would expect that would fail :-(. The IP address that the error message is giving is not for the TWC server — but rather for your own computer. Now, if you have some outbound virus checker running as a proxy, I suppose that might be correct. Then Thunderbird would be connecting to the proxy, and it would have the responsibility to connect on to the TWC server.

I see the IP address for mail.twc.com as 107.14.73.68, altho keep in mind they may have more than one IP assigned to that URL for load balancing.

I think I would at least try port 25. True it is not encrypted, but once you get so you can connect to the TWC mail server, then you can figure out which port you should be using for encrypted transfers.

That mail server does reply to me when I try to connect to it on port 25. Incidentally, here, Thunderbird is telling me the default port is 587 — so you might want to try that one, also