Reply To: 12 Nov 16 – 100 Guesses Is Enough To Crack Your Password

Home Forums The Poll Discussion 12 Nov 16 – 100 Guesses Is Enough To Crack Your Password Reply To: 12 Nov 16 – 100 Guesses Is Enough To Crack Your Password

ScreenScream
Participant

There’s no way on my end. I learned from soundbytes to go out at least 17 characters (if memory serves, that was the number I always considered the “safe length” based on something talked about on the show).

My memory has unquestionably suffered in middle age tho, so perhaps I don’t remember hearing that correctly on the show.

Despite that, I am able to remember almost a dozen 18+character passwords based on various memory anchors/tricks I use, utilizing my increasingly decreasing mental agility.

Never using any actual words with correct sppelings, being a part of my sense of (false?) security.

I also physically write them down, instead of putting them anywhere on any computer or separate drive. I’m that paranoid.

I’ll never dare anyone to hack my emails/etc, but I can say I’m a lot more solid than the majority of people. (Majority meaning 51%, and with the understanding that the majority, as a general rule, tend to be stupid by default).

Sorry for the stupid remark.

(Meaning, that I called people “stupid,” not that the remark itself was stupid).