Reply To: 17 Sept 16 – Netflix asks FCC to declare data caps “unreasonable”

Home Forums The Poll Discussion 17 Sept 16 – Netflix asks FCC to declare data caps “unreasonable” Reply To: 17 Sept 16 – Netflix asks FCC to declare data caps “unreasonable”

HotDawg
Participant

If the charge per Gigabyte over your purchased allotment was reasonable, then I don’t see anything really wrong with that. If you remember back when Frontier first was telling customers that 5 Gb a month was all they could possibly need, they also came up with a proposed charge for overages that were completely out of line with their cost. IIRC, they were talking of charges of maybe $1 per Gb, and Stop the Cap was saying the cost was more like 5 cents. Somebody remember the exact figures?

There is a fantastic amount of trash coming down my internet feed that I am not asking for. How about if every time you went into Wegmans you were required to try every sample they had out, but had to pay for those samples, and the wages of the person making sure you took them?

How is this handled in other countries where I understand internet speeds are higher, and costs per month lower than here?