Reply To: What would you do first if your connection kept unconnecting?

Home Forums Hardware What would you do first if your connection kept unconnecting? Reply To: What would you do first if your connection kept unconnecting?

HotDawg
Participant

Well, I do not agree with Racerbob on Netgear. I have been very happy with them in the past. (Then a firmware update from them did a number on one I was using, and a simple question to them about correcting this was going to require a substantial fee. Bummer!)

The Netgear CM300 looks like a decent modem. Netgear does have some nice troubleshooting information on their web site, and it certainly would be something for the original poster to follow up on before trying to return the unit for replacement.

In my case the first modem I owned was a SB5101U which worked great (it was DOCSIS 2). Then I upgraded to a SB6121 (DOCSIS 3) and the signal strength into it wasn’t good enough — at times — for 100% dependability. I suspect as the modems support faster speeds, signal strength because more critical. Some cable shuffling by me corrected that. But, there should be no problem in getting the ISP to fix any low signal situation.