Reply To: 2 Jul 16 – Customer wins $10K judgment from Microsoft over unauthorized Windows

Home Forums The Poll Discussion 2 Jul 16 – Customer wins $10K judgment from Microsoft over unauthorized Windows Reply To: 2 Jul 16 – Customer wins $10K judgment from Microsoft over unauthorized Windows

HotDawg
Participant

In this case, it was a business woman that had substantial losses (greater than $10,000) due to her messed up computer, and she sued in small-claims court. Essentially, Microsoft chose not to defend themselves (sending a clerk, not a lawyer, from a local Microsoft owned store).

But, being in business, you would think she should have been running a good backup often on her working system. Lightning, besides Microsoft, has been known to strike computers.

I wish people pushing Windows 10 would stop badmouthing Win 7 and saying it will be wide open to security risks. If I understand the limited support that Win 7 is now receiving, it still will be for security updates. Only thing being dropped as of now are program improvements. I seem to still be getting plenty of Win 7 updates.