Reply To: 14 May 16 – Charter/Time-Warner/Brighthouse Merge

Home Forums The Poll Discussion 14 May 16 – Charter/Time-Warner/Brighthouse Merge Reply To: 14 May 16 – Charter/Time-Warner/Brighthouse Merge

Racerbob
Participant

Well now, where to start ?

If my neighbors here in Webster would get off their butts and come on board, we could have Greenlight also, but sadly, my Greenlight district is stuck at a hopelessly low 29% of Greenlight’s sign up goal. I paid my deposit last July 14. Sadly, I do not think that we will see Greenlight here for the next couple of years. So what to do ? Frontier ? LOL… Best they can give me is 6/1 service and they are not motivated at all to upgrade their infrastructure.

Time Warner has begun the Maxx upgrades here in NY State and the good news is that this Charter merger is not going to stop those of us who are currently Time Warner internet subscribers from getting the new speeds. My 30/5 Extreme internet speed level is going to 200/20. Those who have 50/5 service now will be seeing 300/20. Those who have 15/1 standard service right now will be seeing 50/5 speed. So it is not all that bad and I am looking forward to getting the new cable internet speeds because as I said, my neighbors are not interested that much in Greenlight. I was told that speed improvements that are underway would continue despite the now approved merger. The Hudson Valley area and Central NY State region are being upgraded now and the Rochester area is next with the analog TV signal going away in several months.

The NY State approval of the Charter/TW merger was only made after Charter agreed to certain terms.

So yes, I know that Greenlight is the better value and offers higher speeds for less money than we pay the cable company, but I am looking forward to better speeds soon from the New Charter. Keeping an open mind here and waiting to see what develops.