Reply To: 23 Apr 16 – Microsoft defers $1.6B in Windows 10 revenue

Home Forums The Poll Discussion 23 Apr 16 – Microsoft defers $1.6B in Windows 10 revenue Reply To: 23 Apr 16 – Microsoft defers $1.6B in Windows 10 revenue

HotDawg
Participant

I think it is the same as the razor companies that almost give you the razor handle, then make their money on the blades. Or the diabetic’s glucose meters that end up free, but the test strips are where they make their money.

Where you used to pay a one-time fee to ‘license’ a Microsoft package — I think many of those are now going to be for a fixed term, renewable license. Even many of the ‘free’ apps on the Microsoft store are laden with adds, which you can eliminated for a price. Evey time you turn around, there will be the opportunity for them to suck money out of you.

Why do you think Microsoft is pushing so hard to get everyone off anything but Windows 10? I have heard that even the new Intel processor CPUs will be set to run only Win 10.

The other money-making opportunity for MS is the spyware that is inherent in 10. Did you read the user agreement when you tried to use Cortana the first time? They have (with it) complete access to everything on your computer. Will they be selling that information? They have a right to. Suddenly the fact you have an unregistered copy of WP 5 may get turned over to the current owners of WordPerfect.