Reply To: 20 Feb 16 Should the government be able to access your encrypted cell phone data

Home Forums The Poll Discussion 20 Feb 16 Should the government be able to access your encrypted cell phone data Reply To: 20 Feb 16 Should the government be able to access your encrypted cell phone data

Christian
Participant

Since your odds of being killed by a terrorist are lower than pretty much any other type of incident, I don’t think we have crossed that right-restricting threshold yet. There could be a lot of terrorists here, I’ve no clue. If so they’re really bad at it considering our security sucks, or maybe they changed their minds and decided they love America, I don’t know. I heard the TSA only finds 5% of knives or guns in there own internal tests. So even if we side with the government it warrants asking what we’re getting in return which in terms of real increased security is usually not much.

By fighting the order, Apple is simply saying there’s no way to bypass the security on the phone, i.e. that it doesn’t contain a backdoor. It amounts to a business decision. They have to claim this otherwise no one is going to trust their products. Maybe the FBI should get help from the Larry Flint of technology, John McAfee, who claims he will crack Apple’s phone or eat a shoe on live TV.