Reply To: 19 Sept 15 – Would you prefer to pay for content or give up your ad blocker?

Home Forums The Poll Discussion 19 Sept 15 – Would you prefer to pay for content or give up your ad blocker? Reply To: 19 Sept 15 – Would you prefer to pay for content or give up your ad blocker?

HotDawg
Participant

Really, the people shoving ads at me must learn to do it in a way that I don’t need an ad blocker. There are many ads presented that I can view IF I want, or ignore otherwise. But the constant stream of pop-up ads that cover what I was viewing (and make me confirm that I want to kill them) really turn me off.

If I get a newspaper, or a magazine, there are plenty of ads I can check out. But, I don’t have to. The human brain is darn good at scanning printed material and picking out what what I might be interested in.

I can watch a TV show on the DVR and FF over the ads. Still, I am able to stop the FF and catch something of interest. (Lets me watch an hour show in 40 minutes!)

And, I’m cheap enough that I won’t pay for content. Most of what I have seen is very overpriced.