Reply To: Please, DSL vs. Cable ?

Home Forums The Show Discussion Please, DSL vs. Cable ? Reply To: Please, DSL vs. Cable ?

Racerbob
Participant

Everybody in Rochester is NOT provisioned for 3.6 Mbps. See how they mislead and lie to you ? Parts of the local Frontier area can get up to 24Mbps download speed. And as I said before, my neighborhood can see up to 6 Mbps down.

For those who wish to get off the Time Warner merry go round, there is always (at least for now) the option of switching to Earthlink cable internet. Delivered to you through the same lines and modem that you presently use for your TW Internet service. Free standing internet service with no TV or phone requirement. 15/1 speed is $41.95 a month after a 6 month intro deal at $29.95 a month. And 20/2 speed is $51.95 a month after a 6 month intro deal at $39.95 a month.

This is a good option for those who have satellite TV services or who get their TV service through other alternatives to cable. I am waiting to see if the Earthlnk service is still left intact after Charter takes over.