Reply To: 31 Jan 15 – Are you happy with your home broadband speed?

Home Forums The Poll Discussion 31 Jan 15 – Are you happy with your home broadband speed? Reply To: 31 Jan 15 – Are you happy with your home broadband speed?

HotDawg
Participant

Well, I’m on Time Warner, and my speeds check, very consistently, at just over 15 megs down, and slightly over 1 meg up. I guess, for what I do, that is sufficient. For those that want to check their speeds, I use http://speedtest.net. And, if you are on TW, one of the two servers available in Syracuse is hosted by TW. So, I always test with that one.

For years I was with Frontier. They were selling me what was supposed to be 10 meg down, but I was far under that. Gradually the speeds worked up to around 7, which I thought was OK since the modem had a 8 meg cap. Then suddenly the speeds dropped back to 3 meg — and very consistent. Talking to the sales people confirmed I was paying for 10 down, they turned me over to the technical support. There I found they had me, and everybody else, provisioned for 3.6, and that wasn’t going to change.

If Greenlight ever gets out here, I am on their ‘waiting’ list. I am sure their fiber line will go by on the pole at the end of the driveway, but don’t know if they would be interested in tapping one customer off it.