Reply To: 17 Jan 15 – iPhone Users More Stupid When Separated From Their Phones

Home Forums The Poll Discussion 17 Jan 15 – iPhone Users More Stupid When Separated From Their Phones Reply To: 17 Jan 15 – iPhone Users More Stupid When Separated From Their Phones

ScreenScream
Participant

Well, to keep it i/android-neutral, I’ve avoided a smart phone in general just because of the massive degradation in attention spans and intelligence I’ve witnessed over the past 10 years. Look at our kids and how stupid/ADHD they all are.

I will likely finally break down and get one this year…I have a LOT of use for them…but I’ve always kept phones away from my head, away from me in general, OFF in general. I really don’t want to be glued to these things for the rest of my life.

If you look around in public, it’s reminiscent of something out of 1984; everyone’s heads are down and they’re oblivious to life/surroundings. Compare concert footage from 20 years ago to today; audiences clapping/cheering/dancing and engaged in the show, as compared to now; a huge arena-filled swarm of these skinny lit rectangles being held above them as still as possible to video the concert (which is supposed to be very illegal btw???) while they experience the concert vicariously at best through their matrix device.

How much of the EM pollution-soup do we need to be swimming in before it is taken more seriously as a potential health hazard on at least SOME level?

Never even mind wifi…

Ugh.

(Slight digression on subject matter, but it was fun to write regardless) ;p