Reply To: 15 Feb 14 – How do you feel about the Comcast-Time Warner Cable merger?

Home Forums The Poll Discussion 15 Feb 14 – How do you feel about the Comcast-Time Warner Cable merger? Reply To: 15 Feb 14 – How do you feel about the Comcast-Time Warner Cable merger?

HotDawg
Participant

Well, I suspect that some type of a usage charge will eventually hit all of us. I can’t really fault that IF it is done fairly.

Like your electric service — you would pay a minimal amount for the meter and such, and then a charge for how much you use.

The problem is, so far, where there have been charges for the amount of data transferred — it has been grossly high. If I understand it correctly, the cost of a Gb to an ISP is in the order of a few pennies — maybe 2 or 3 cents per Gb. But, the user ends up paying over a dollar a Gb.

And, I’m not sure why I should be paying for the endless stream of hacking attempts that make it to my router, but silently get dropped. And, I should be able to ‘read the meter’ so I know what’s going on — not just taking my ISP’s word for something.