Reply To: Hello. I'm not that smart. But if I buy a new computer and need to use my….

Home Forums Hardware Hello. I'm not that smart. But if I buy a new computer and need to use my…. Reply To: Hello. I'm not that smart. But if I buy a new computer and need to use my….

Rev 2
Participant

That’s a good idea, thanks !

Here are some boundaries that I didn’t mention…My mixing/editing software is Adobe Audition, which itself requires two drives, one as an unencumbered buffer. If I have to install a new Audition on a new drive, so it can use the second drive as it normally wants to, I have to get online activation from Adobe, except they don’t do online activation for this product any more, so I have to download a special cracked-by-Adobe-themselves version, if I can find my ID and password, which I’m not too sure about. And this machine is not connected to the Internet, which makes that awkward. And I have to find all my presets and preferences and VSTs. Bla bla bla….

In short, there would be quite a puzzle involved in deploying a new C:, and I’d rather shovel snow than plow through that process. Call me a sissy.