Reply To: RE: Adblock Plus Add On

Home Forums The Show Discussion RE: Adblock Plus Add On Reply To: RE: Adblock Plus Add On

Racerbob
Participant

OK Fine, but as I read the reviews at the Adblock Edge site I have come to the conclusion that some of these people are too dumb to look at the options in Adblock Plus and uncheck that one little box that says to allow some ads. Amazing. No need to put down the original Adblock Plus program when Adblock Edge is based on the same code. But the comments that I am reading there are doing just that. Idiots.

Like this comment….

“After using Adblock Plus for several years, I finally got fed up with all of the ads being allowed through. After a bit of searching, I found Adblock Edge, and have been using it ever since. :)”

or this….

“GOODBYE ADBLOCK PLUS!!!

Previous long time user of Adblock Plus until they decided to change their Ad policy.Unacceptable, Adblock Plus, unacceptable, the entire point is to BLOCK ads, whether or NOT you think the ads are intrusive or not. An ad is an ad and if users want to block ALL ads they have the right to. Adblock Plus just, recently (past spring/summer), started receiving monies from larger firms (Google, Microsoft, etc…) to allow ads to pass through adblock plus.

A BIG THANK YOU TO THE DEVELOPERS OF ADBLOCK EDGE!!

Adblock EDGE gives the users control back!

Just one little box to uncheck. Takes literally 3 seconds to do. I am just wondering how good the Adblock Plus program would be if they did not accept the $$$ from companies on the allowed ad list ? How do these developers survive without charging for their programs ?